Sunday 5 May 2013

An angsty poem I wrote in my youth... Found once more...

Watching Stars

The grass blades are moist
Between my fingertips.
The air, a whisper of memories
Failed to be forgotten.
Holding me now my receptors freeze;
Synapses of trust reversed.
Avoiding your gaze, fearing my eyes would turn green
I focus on a diamond in the sky.
So clinically white, tough to comprehend
As a yearning fusion of gas, of fire.
These lips do not want to know you, so frail
With poison from last time,
So fragile
From well meant promises.

I burn to be your stardust,
To be rare, to be a wonder.
I know you will deny me that
Instead choosing younger, fresher blood.
My bitterness cannot be sweetened
By platitudes tonight,
Your lies not undone by a shooting
Star of a kiss.
Sending up a solar flare I wait,
Wait on the voice of a star.

I burn to be your stardust,
To be rare, a wonder.
I know you will deny me that
Instead choosing self exile.
A glance at you,
A glance at my star.
At this time,
In this place, 
I understand the gas, the fire,
The impending supernova
Far more than I understand you.

No comments:

Post a Comment